Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sold Journal #2

Sold takes place in foreign countries. The only one we know for sure is Nepal, the home country of the main character. After the main character is sold into sex slavery we don’t know where she is after that, but the setting throughout the story takes place in poverty areas, giving us the feeling of dirty, grimy places. It reminds me of Slumdog Millionaire but on a higher level. Personally not experiencing anything close to those living standards it almost seems make believe. The setting of the book makes me put into perspective where I live. Because that type of world seems like a fantasy to me, the setting draws me into the story and adds to what is going on. It makes what is happening to the main character seem all the more dirty and gross, as if it wasn’t enough without the setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment